'Pedro' confirms WRC 2 campaigns


Veteran Italian driver Massimo 'Pedro' Pedretti has confirmed a step up to the world stage with a two-year WRC 2 campaign in a Ford Fiesta R5.

Veteran Italian driver Massimo 'Pedro' Pedretti has confirmed a step up to the world stage with a two-year WRC 2 campaign in a Ford Fiesta R5.
He and co-driver Emanuele Baldaccini will contest five events this year in an M-Sport-run car, with a further six events planned in 2020.
The programmes are Pedretti's first at WRC level and follow a debut appearance in a Hyundai i20 R5 at Rallye Monte-Carlo [pictured above].
The 51-year-old has been rallying since 1998 and is well-known in the Italian historic scene, where he has campaigned exotic models like the Ferrari 308 GTB, Lancia 037, Lancia Stratos HF and Lancia Delta Integrale. For the past two years he has rallied a Hyundai i20 World Rally Car in the Italian ACI Cup.
'Pedro' (left) with M-Sport boss Malcolm Wilson (centre) and Emanuele Baldaccini
“I can say that this is the crowning achievement of a career that has always based its roots in a great passion for rally, but I also see it as a starting point for a new adventure at the highest level of the sport," said Pedretti, who gets his campaign underway at next month’s Corsica Linea - Tour de Corse (28 - 31 March) before further events in Portugal, Germany, Turkey and Spain.
“I will compete with a new car in events that I have never contested before. But I remain calm, because I have one of the best teams in the world to support me and follow my growth. I could not ask for anything else, and I cannot wait to start this fantastic adventure,” he added.
Pedretti will test the asphalt-specification Fiesta in the UK before his appearance in Corsica. A further gravel test is planned before his first loose-surface round in Portugal.

wrc.com
'Pedro' confirms WRC 2 campaigns 'Pedro' confirms WRC 2 campaigns Reviewed by Head Hunter on February 26, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments